Most weekdays, I run home for lunch to let the pup out. My usual M.O. is to speed down I5 so I can make it home in 10 minutes, take Tino outside for a potty break, and turn on The Chew while I eat. It's a great way to break up the day!
Over the last couple years, I've been able to perfect my chicken taco recipe (coming soon!) but have done nothing with any other types of meat. Last week when this recipe was featured on the show, I knew I had to try it. And boy is it a winner. I have made it twice in the last week! This recipe definitely tastes like it's been passed down from generations and I know I will pass it down myself.
For the Tacos:
- 1 1/2 pounds Top Sirloin, chopped small
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 1 small onion (1/2 cup chopped onion)
- 2 fresh Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 1/2 tablespoonsChili Powder
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon Flour
- Flour tortillas
- Cheese, avocado, or any other desired topping
For the Cilantro Lemon Rice:
This recipe happened completely by accident. I was in the middle of making Chipotle's cilantro lime rice...when I realized I didn't have any limes. Whoops. I did have lemons though and thus concocted this happy accident! It's lighter than my usual Spanish rice and played off nicely with the heaviness of the steak.
- 1 cup white rice, cooked with vegetables of choice (I used corn and peas)
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 TBSP olive oil
In a food processor, combine lemon juice, cilantro, and oil. Mix into cooked rice and serve.